We Love Lichfield Grants
The We Love Lichfield Fund is an endowment fund, where the money raised is invested and the return is distributed as grants twice a year. Applications are invited from community and voluntary based groups that meet the following criteria;
What can be funded?
- Volunteer led community and voluntary groups
- Based in the district of Lichfield, (according to the boundaries of Lichfield District Council)
- Be meeting the needs of, or providing a service for, the local community
- Have been active for at least 12 months prior to the date of application
- Have a disposable income of less than £30,000 p.a. as an average of the past 3 years
- Groups whose primary beneficiaries are people, (not animals, plants or the environment)
- Lobbying or campaign groups, (providing the community would be the main beneficiary)
- Training (where training is for volunteers)
- Awareness days for a particular cause
- Work on a building providing the group is the occupant and has at least ten years left on the lease
- Grants awarded will be between £100 and £1000, although the award is at the discretion of the awards panel
What will not be funded?
- Statutory organisations (including Local Authorities, Parish Councils, Schools, Police, PCT’s)
- Any organisation which will benefit a statutory organisation
- Any national organisation based in Lichfield
- Solely commercial ventures
- Party political activity
- Activity promoting religion, with a strong religious undertone or directly benefitting a religious building
- Staff costs or costs associated with staff
- Projects that will benefit Asylum Seekers (Asylum Seekers as defined by Home Office guidelines)
- Our grant should make a difference to the project
- Preference will be given to projects where our grant will be a major contribution
- Our grant should deliver value for money
- Our grant should secure maximum community use or benefit
How To Apply
You can submit your application at any time, although applications will temporarily close in April for the May panel and in October for the November panel. Decisions will be taken at a panel meeting and awards will be made the following month, (May and December of each year). Please take these dates into consideration if you are applying for funding for time sensitive projects.
To apply online please use the red ‘Apply’ button below
To download an application pack, please click here.