We Love Lichfield Grants
The We Love Lichfield Fund is an endowment fund, where money is raised and invested, and the return is distributed as grants. A partnership with Lichfield District Council came into effect in March 2017, which will result in funding from Lichfield District Council awarded by We Love Lichfield. Consequently there will be two rounds of funding.
The first round will award the funding that was formerly issued directly by Lichfield District Council. Applications will be open throughout April, although you can apply at any time, with decisions made in May and awards made in June. This round will be funded by Lichfield District Council and features slightly different criteria to fit in with the strategic priorities of Lichfield District Council.
The second round will award a full year’s worth of funding directly from We Love Lichfield, which is supported by local businesses and individuals who have chosen to fundraise to give something directly back to their local community. Rather than awarding £10,000 twice a year, it will award £20,000 in one round, which will formally open in October, with decisions made in November and awards presented in December, although you can apply at any time.
Applications are invited from community and voluntary based groups that meet the following criteria;
- Groups based within Lichfield district. Capital grants may only be sought for premises which are situated within the district boundary
- Groups who are a not-for-profit organisation
- Groups who have a constitution or set of rules
- Groups who have a bank or building society account, in the name of the organisation
What we want to fund
We want to fund projects, activities, training and equipment that will help local not-for-profit groups and organisations make a difference for their communities. Grants awarded will be between £100 and £1000, although the awards panel may not be able to award the full amount applied for.
Applications will be assessed against how they impact on any of the following priorities:
- Vibrant and Prosperous economy
- Healthy and safe communities
- Clean, green, welcoming places to live
For more information please go to
What we won’t fund
There are some projects which we will not fund:
- We will not fund projects that are of a purely religious nature. This does not mean that churches and religious groups cannot apply, but you must be very clear in your application form of the impact the project will have on the wider community.
- We will not fund school-based projects unless you can show clearly in your application form that the project will have a significant impact on the local community.
- We will not fund projects year on year unless you can show that the project has evolved and that you are seeking support for new developments or activities.
- We cannot fund core costs
- We will not fund projects of a political nature.
- We cannot fund individuals.
How To Apply
You can submit your application from 1 April until 2nd May 2017. Decisions will be taken at a panel meeting in May and awards will be made in June. If you need any advice or help with your application form please contact The Community Foundation for Staffordshire on 01785 339540.
To apply online please use the red ‘Apply’ button below
To download an application pack, please click here.