Community or voluntary organisations based in Lichfield.
Grants awarded will be between £100 and £1000.
The We Love Lichfield Fund is an endowment fund, where money is raised and invested, and the return is distributed as grants. A partnership with Lichfield District Council came into effect in March 2017, which will result in funding from Lichfield District Council, through their community grants scheme, awarded by We Love Lichfield. Consequently there will be two rounds of funding.
Applications are invited from community and voluntary based groups that meet the following criteria;
- Groups based within Lichfield district. Capital grants may only be sought for premises which are situated within the district boundary
- Groups who are a not-for-profit organisation
- Groups who have a constitution or set of rules
- Groups who have a bank or building society account, in the name of the organisation
What we want to fund
- Applications will be assessed against how they impact on any of the following priorities:
- Vibrant and Prosperous economy
- Healthy and safe communities
- Clean, green, welcoming places to live
- Grants awarded will be between £100 and £1000, although the awards panel may not be able to award the full amount applied for.
- The first round of funding each year will award the funding that was formerly issued directly by Lichfield District Council. Applications will be open throughout April, with decisions made in May.
- The second round will award a full year’s worth of funding directly from We Love Lichfield, which is supported by local businesses and individuals who have chosen to fundraise to give something directly back to their local community. Rather than awarding £10,000 twice a year, it will award £20,000 in one round, which will formally open in October, with decisions made in November and awards presented in December, although you can apply at any time.
What we are not able to fund
- We will not fund projects that are of a purely religious nature. This does not mean that churches and religious groups cannot apply, but you must be very clear in your application form of the impact the project will have on the wider community.
- We will not fund school-based projects unless you can show clearly in your application form that the project will have a significant impact on the local community.
- We will not fund projects year on year unless you can show that the project has evolved and that you are seeking support for new developments or activities.
- We will not fund projects of a political nature.
- We cannot fund individuals.
How To Apply
If you need any advice or help with your application form please contact The Community Foundation for Staffordshire on 01785 339540.
To apply online please use the Apply button below
To download an application pack and apply by e-mail or post, please click here.