Organisations who are working in Stoke on Trent to provide social activities to members of the community who are at risk of becoming isolated.
Funding can also be used to provide holidays or day trips for service users or organisations.
Emergency grants, where there is an immediate and unforeseen need, may also be considered for community and voluntary based organisations, regardless of their activities.
The Malam Fund awards grants of up to £2000 to organisations from a private fund, that is an amalgamation of three former trusts – The Edward Malam Convalescent Fund, The Heath Memorial Trust and The John Pepper Fund. This fund was set up for the benefit of people living in Stoke on Trent who are in need of a holiday or break away, for reasons such as convalescence, recovery, or to break isolation, but who are unable to finance it themselves.
However, we understand that in some cases a holiday is not practical and so awards can be made to organisations who are providing a day trip, outing or social activities for their service users.
In order to qualify for a grant from The Malam Fund organisations must:
- Be working with people aged over 18
- Be working with people resident in Stoke on Trent, or a neighbouring area that identifies closely with Stoke on Trent, such as Kidsgrove, Biddulph or Cheadle
- Be working with people who are, in some way, disadvantaged, either socially or financially
- Panel meetings are held quarterly and will take place in February, May, August and October of each year
- The closing date for applications is the last day of the preceding month, (so for the February meeting all applications must be received by 31st January, for the May meeting all applications must be received by 30th April, and so on)
- Please allow at least 4 weeks between the date of the panel meeting and the date of the trip, outing or holiday – it is your responsibility to submit an application in good time
- All applications must be fully completed as specified
- No retrospective funding is available, (we will not make awards for holidays or trips that have already been taken)
- The grant making panel has the discretion to vary these rules in exceptional circumstances
- The decision of the grant making panel is final
- We can provide support in completing the application form, if you would like it
How To Apply
To complete an online application form please click the ‘Apply’ button below.