Childrens’ Holiday Fund
This fund was set up to provide recuperative, respite and educational holidays to children aged between 4 and 17 years who are resident in Stoke on Trent.
Preference is usually given to educational holidays that are run through a school or college, although private and family holidays will be supported if the need can be demonstrated.
In all instances the form will need to be completed by the parent or guardian, although for educational holidays we can liaise with the school directly.
If you have a query please contact us for more information. We can help you to complete the application if you would like us too.
In order to qualify for a grant from the Stoke on Trent Children’s Holiday Fund applicants must
- Be aged between 4 and 17
- Be resident in Stoke on Trent
- Have parents who are unable to finance the holiday themselves and are in financial need
- Need a holiday as part of
- Relief from a recent traumatic event
- Education – although please note, applications that are for educational holidays where the trip or visit forms a set part of the curriculum are unlikely to be funded
What must be provided with your application
- Evidence of the holiday being booked or reserved prior to payment
- All applications must be countersigned by a doctor / health visitor or headteacher
- Panel meetings are held quarterly and the dates of these meetings are published on our website
- Please allow at least 4 weeks between the date of the panel meeting and the date of the holiday – it is your responsibility to submit an application in good time
- All applications must be completed by the parent or guardian
- All applications must be countersigned by the school, a doctor, a nurse or other professional person
- Financial need will be determined from income and expenditure
- Awards will not be made to the same child in two consecutive years
- All awards will be paid to the holiday company or school. No direct financial award will be made.
- The holiday must be either booked or reserved
- No retrospective funding is available, (we will not make awards for holidays or trips that have already been taken)
- The grant making panel has the discretion to vary these rules in exceptional circumstances
- The decision of the grant making panel is final
- We can provide support in completing the application form, if you would like it
Decisions are taken at quarterly panels, although panels may me held more or less frequently depending on the number of waiting applications. In all instances you should allow at least 6 weeks between the panel and the date of your holiday.
How To Apply
To apply please download the application forms by clicking here.