Whittington & Fisherwick Fund
(a part of our portfolio of funds for the Lichfield district)
Voluntary and Community organisations who are based in, and working in the parish of Whittington & Fisherwick, for the benefit of the local community.
Grants from the Whittington & Fisherwick Fund are made from an endowment fund held by The Community Foundation for Staffordshire.
The former name of this fund was the Whittington Poor Fund, and it was held by a local panel within the village of Whittington. This fund transferred to the management of The Community Foundation in 2016 with the support and recommendation of the Charity Commission.
At the time of transfer, and in line with the original deed of trust, it was decided to widen the geographical remit of the fund so that it would apply to the whole parish of Whittington and Fisherwick, rather than part of it. At the same time, the name was changed to the Whittington & Fisherwick Fund, to better reflect it’s area of coverage.
Whilst a small number of grants to community organisations had been made each year, the transfer meant that more funding could be awarded than before. Therefore the application process has been opened up so that any community or voluntary organisation working within the parish of Whittington and Fisherwick can apply for funding.
The fund is administered as part of our portfolio of funds for the Lichfield district, which can only benefit areas within the Lichfield district. This means that the Whittington & Fisherwick Fund will only be used to benefit people in the parish.
Whilst applications to the fund can be made at any time, there will be two distinct rounds of funding each year. The first will be opened formally in April, with decisions made in May and awards made in June. The second round will open in October, with decisions made in November and awards made in December.
Applications are invited from community and voluntary based groups that meet the following criteria;
- Groups based within the parish of Whittington and Fisherwick.
- Groups who are a not-for-profit organisation
- Groups who have a constitution or set of rules
- Groups who have a bank or building society account, in the name of the organisation
What we want to fund
- Grants awarded will be between £100 and £1000, although the awards panel may part fund any request
- Applications for the first round of funding each year will be open throughout April, with decisions made in May and awards presented in June.
- The second round will formally open in October, with decisions made in November and awards presented in December.
What we are not able to fund
- We will not fund projects that are of a purely religious nature. This does not mean that churches and religious groups cannot apply, but you must be very clear in your application form of the impact the project will have on the wider community.
- We will not fund school-based projects unless you can show clearly in your application form that the project will have a significant impact on the local community.
- We will not fund projects year on year unless you can show that the project has evolved and that you are seeking support for new developments or activities.
- We will not fund projects of a political nature.
How To Apply
If you are an organisation and you wish to apply for a grant from the Whittington and Fisherwick Fund please use the ‘Apply’ button below. The application form will be headed ‘We Love Lichfield’; this is because the Whittington and Fisherwick Fund forms part of our portfolio of funds for the Lichfield district. Individuals should see the webpage specifically for individual applications, which you can see by clicking here.