Small, local community or voluntary organisations based in Staffordshire.
Your annual income must be below £25,000 per annum.
The Staffordshire Charitable Trust awards small grants of up to £500 to highly specialised voluntary organisations or more generalised groups, such as groups for the elderly, young or disabled. The only constraint is that they should operate within the county boundary of Staffordshire. Any award made is at the discretion of the grant-
The aim of the fund is to reduce disadvantage and improve local communities in Staffordshire.
Who can apply?
You can apply for a grant from this fund if you:
- Are a Registered Charity, or a voluntary or community organisation
- Operate in Staffordshire
- Have an annual income of £25,000 or less
We are unable to fund:
- Profit-making organisations
- Statutory organisations
- Organisations not operating in Staffordshire
- Organisations with an annual income over £25,000
What can a grant pay for?
In your application you will need to tell us what the grant would be spent on and how this will benefit your community. You can apply for a grant of up to £500 to fund all/part of your project or on-going running costs.
Here are some examples of what a grant can pay for:
- Equipment hire or purchase
- Information technology equipment
- Materials for use in your project
- Publicity materials for use in your project
- Sessional workers (those who work only as and when required)
- Transport costs
- Updating equipment for health and safety reasons
- Venue hire
- Volunteer expenses
What we cannot pay for:
- Activities that happen or start before we confirm our grant
- Any costs you incur when putting together your application
- Any expenditure incurred or committed before we confirm our grant (including deposits)
- Contingency costs
- Loans or interest payments
- Political activities
- Projects that you cannot maintain because of high ongoing costs or the need for specialist skills
- Used vehicles
- Applications are usually considered twice a year, with meetings in March and September.
How To Apply
To apply online please click the Apply button below.