Small community and voluntary groups with an income of less than £100,000 per annum.
Organisations should be based in and working within the boundaries of Stafford Borough as defined by the borough council.
Stafford Borough Council, in accordance with their Compact Action Plan, have made available a small grants fund. This fund will make awards to community and voluntary groups across the borough.
Who can apply?
- Groups that benefit local residents
- Groups that will bring about a lasting benefit to your members or the wider community
- Groups that help to increase your organisation’s sustainability or reach
- Be used for funding for capital costs or revenue costs
We are unable to fund:
- Statutory organisations
- Public sector bodies
- Organisations that have a statutory responsibility
- Projects where funding could be obtained from Stafford Borough Council sports grants
- Projects where funding could be obtained from Stafford Borough Council arts grants
- Projects involving medical research
- Projects focused on animal welfare
- Party political activities
- Projects promoting religion, (although religious organisations will be considered for non-religious community based projects)
- A non-profit community or voluntary group
- Be based and working within the borough of Stafford, (as defined by Stafford Borough Council boundaries)
- Have a governing committee of at least 3 people
- Have an annual income of less than £100,000
- Have less than 1 year’s running costs in reserves or investments
- Have less than 3 FTE staff
- Have a constitution, bank account, safeguarding policies and insurance for your work
- Funding requests must not exceed 75% of the total project cost
- It is unlikely that Stafford Borough Council will award organisations funding more than once within the last 3 years
- Awards will usually be between £200 and £1000 per organisation
- There will be two rounds of funding per year
How to apply
Please use the Apply button below to access the application form.
If you are unable to make the application online please call us on 01785 339540 and we can send you a paper application form.
If you need help and support in completing your application please call us and we can assist you.
If you need help with your policies or procedures, or other governance issues, please contact Support Staffordshire on 01785 413160.