The Kingsley Community Fund was established in 2017, from the proceeds of the sale of the former youth and community centre. The aims of the fund are broadly in line with the remit of the youth and community centre, that being to support the community of the parish of Kingsley, with a strong preference towards children and young people.
About Grants from the Kingsley Community Fund
- The first tier is for grants up to £1000, and applications can be made directly from this page.
- The second tier is for grants up to £40,000, but before applying you must first contact The Community Foundation on 01785 339540. Applications will not be accepted if you have not first discussed your project with us.
We would prefer to fund capital projects, (work on buildings and equipment), as opposed to revenue expenses and running costs, unless your project involves an extension to a pre-existing service. For projects that are seeking more funding than £1000 we would expect to see business plans, community consultation documents, evidence that your project could be successful, (rather than solely anecdotal evidence), and, if your project is for work on a building or piece of land, we would expect to see architectural plans and permission for development.
We would like any grant received from us to be worth at least 33% of the overall project value. For larger projects you would need to show evidence that you had secured any other necessary funding before any funding is released from this fund.
What We Will Fund
Types of Organisation
We will support the following types of organisation;
- Constituted community groups
- Constituted voluntary groups
- Registered Charities
- Social Enterprises
We will support organisations based in, or working for the benefit of people in the following local authority areas;
- Staffordshire Moorlands, (but only those based in the parish of Kingsley)
In order to qualify for a grant from this scheme your project must be supporting the following types of beneficiary;
- People resident in the parish of Kingsley in the Staffordshire Moorlands
- A strong preference towards children and young people
- Your project must meet one of the following criteria;
- Increase or enhance your current service provision
- Make your organisation more efficient, more sustainable or more resilient
- Be used to improve facilities for your service users
- Be used to provide facilities that will benefit the people of Kingsley, (with a strong preference towards children and young people)
- Equipment costs
- Capital costs
- Training costs
- Core costs
- Event costs
- One off project costs
What We Will Not Fund
Types of Organisation
This fund will not offer funding to the following organisations;
- Non-constituted community groups
- Non-constituted voluntary groups
- Organisations that have been established less than 12 months
- Organisations that do not have a proven track record of service delivery
- Statutory organisations
- Limited companies, sole traders or partnerships without charitable aims
This fund cannot support organisations who are based in, or working in the following local authority areas;
- Cannock Chase, East Staffordshire, Lichfield, Newcastle under Lyme, South Staffordshire, Stafford, Stoke on Trent or Tamworth
- Any part of the Staffordshire Moorlands outside the Kingsley Parish Council area
- Any area outside Staffordshire
This fund cannot support any organisation whose primary beneficiaries are
- Not resident in the parish of Kingsley
This fund will not offer support for the following costs;
- Funding towards religious projects or projects that promote religion, (although religious organisations can be funded for non-religious projects)
- Party political activities, (where one particular political party is promoted above another)
- Less than 33% of the whole project cost
Documents You Must Submit With Your Application
The following documents must be provided with your application form. If you fail to provide these documents your application will not be considered for funding. All documents should be submitted at the time of application.
- A copy of your governing document, (constitution or Memorandum and Articles of Association)
- A copy of your most recent accounts, (audited or independently examined)
- A recent bank statement, (dated within the last three months clearly showing account number and sort code)
- A copy of your safeguarding policy
- At least three quotes for any capital items
In addition, for large projects you would be expected to provide;
- A copy of your business plan
- Copies of community consultations to show that your project is needed, wanted and supported by the local community
- Architectural plans if your work is to involve changes or adaptations to an existing building or piece of land
- Outline permission for any permanent structural or development work to take place
- Evidence that your project or development is needed, (anecdotal evidence would not be accepted)
Closing Dates & Submission Deadlines
The following dates are submission dates and panel dates for 2018 and 2019.
- Applications submitted before 30th October 2018 will go to the panel in November 2018
- Applications submitted after 30th October 2018, but before 30th April 2019 will go to the panel on 15th May 2019
- Applications submitted after 30th April 2019, but before 30th October 2019 will go to the panel on 13th November 2019
- Applications submitted after 30th October 2019 will go to the panel in May 2020
How To Apply
To apply for a grant of up to £1,000 please submit an application using our online application facility. You can attach your supporting documents to the application.
Applications for more than £1,000 will not be accepted unless you have first contacted The Community Foundation for Staffordshire and discussed your project with us. You can contact us on 01785 339540.