The Children’s Holiday Fund will make small awards to help with the cost of family holidays or for educational residential trips. This fund is available to children between the ages of 4 and 17 resident in Stoke on Trent, but please see the criteria below, as some exceptions may be made.
About grants for individuals from the Children’s Holiday Fund
The Childrens’ Holiday Fund can award small grants of up to £250, to help to pay for the cost of holidays or trips. Preference is usually given to educational holidays that are arranged through a school or college, although private and family holidays will be supported if the need can be demonstrated.
In all instances the form will need to be fully completed by the parent or guardian, and countersigned by a headteacher (for educational trips) or a doctor, nurse, health visitor or family support worker (for private or family holidays). We will not consider incomplete application forms.
You should ensure that you allow a minimum of 4 weeks between the date of the panel meeting, (listed below) and the date of the holiday. We can not guarantee that applications will be considered where less than 4 weeks is available.
If you have a query please contact us for more information. We can help you to complete the application if you would like us too.
What We Will Fund
Who We Will Support
We will support people who meet the following criteria;
- Children aged between 4 and 17, (from the day of their 4th birthday to the day before their 18th birthday)
- For SEND pupils we may consider applications for people up to 25 years old
- Resident in Stoke on Trent, or one of the following areas of the Staffordshire Moorlands;
Werrington, Wetley Rocks, Cheddleton, Leekbrook, Longsdon, Endon, Stockton Brook
- Need a holiday as part of recuperation or as respite from a difficult family situation OR as part of an educational trip
- Have parents or guardians who are unable to fund the trip themselves
What you can apply for
The cost of an educational residential trip arranged through a school or college.
The cost of a holiday related directly to the child’s costs.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO FINANCIAL AWARD WILL BE MADE FROM THIS FUND. THE COST OF THE TRIP WILL BE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE SCHOOL OR THE HOLIDAY COMPANY.
Closing Dates & Submission Deadlines
The following dates are submission dates and panel dates for 2019.
- Applications submitted before 10th January 2019 will go to the panel on 24th January 2019
- Applications submitted after 10th January 2019, but before 20th March 2019 will go to the panel on 3rd April 2019
- Applications submitted after 20th March 2019, but before 29th May 2019 will go to the panel on 12th June 2019
- Applications submitted after 29th May 2019, but before 17th October 2019 will go to the panel on 31st October 2019
- Applications submitted after 17th October 2019 will go to the panel in January 2020