The object of the fund shall be the relief of sickness by supporting the provision of nursing, convalescent and rest facilities and the promotion of healthy living with a preference for helping older people and/or infirm of the North Staffordshire area.
Available in the following areas
The Bishop Stamer Fund is available to community groups, voluntary groups and in some cases statutory agencies. Applications may be submitted at any time, but the panel meets only twice a year, usually in January and July. Grants from this scheme are available to organisations in North Staffordshire, (including Stoke on Trent, the borough of Newcastle under Lyme and the Staffordshire Moorlands district), although applications from the northern part of Stafford borough may be considered, (those parts north of Stone). The panel of donor advisors may, at their discretion, consider applications from outside of this area.
Grants for Organisations
We would prefer to fund capital projects, (work on buildings and equipment), as opposed to revenue expenses and running costs, unless your project involves an extension to a pre-existing service. We would also expect to see that you have secured 25% of the total cost of the project already, (this could be through your own fundraising, or by securing grants, even if the funding has not yet been released.
In order to qualify for a grant from The Bishop Stamer Fund you must:
- Be a Community Group, Voluntary Group, Social Enterprise or a statutory organisation
- have been running for at least 12 months
- Provide facilities to older people (50+) or infirm
The Grant must:
- Be used to increase or enhance service provision
- Be used to make the organisation more efficient
- Be used to improve facilities, such as a refit
- Be used for equipment
- Not be used for running costs
- Minimum Grant Award £500
- Maximum Grant Award £25,000
- Will fund up to 60% of total project cost
How To Apply
To apply for a grant (up to £10,000) please use the apply button below.