Quality Accreditation Award For The Community Foundation for Staffordshire
The Community Foundation for Staffordshire has achieved the latest round of Quality Accreditation from UK Community Foundations, the national body that represents the interests of Community Foundations throughout the UK. The accreditation is valid for a period of three years, until October 2020. Although the Charity Commission no longer formally endorses any accreditation scheme, the assessment system is based on a series of recommendations made by the Charity Commission, and covers areas such as governance and financial management, and encourages best practice by Community Foundations.
The full range of assessment markers are;
- A board that works towards best practice
- Business planning, both short and medium term
- Complying with and exceeding best practice in employment and equality and diversity
- Financial management and reporting
- Evidence based local philanthropy
- Achieving a diverse range of income from both private donors and ‘flow through’ funding schemes
- Managing relationships with donors
- Needs and impact analyses
- Grant management
- Community leadership
We’re pleased that in many areas we achieved the full mark of 5 exemplar.
This award also adds to our accreditation from Investors in People and the Living Wage Foundation.