Staffordshire Charitable Trust
The Staffordshire Charitable Trust has a long history of making small grants to community and voluntary based organisations around Staffordshire. In June of 2013, the main administration of the trust passed to the Staffordshire Community Foundation. There will be no revision to existing guidelines of the trust and grants will continue to be made in the same way.
Grant recipients may be highly specialised voluntary organisations or more generalised groups, such as groups for the elderly, young or disabled. The only constraint is that they should operate within the county boundary of Staffordshire. Any award made is at the discretion of the grant-
Applications are usually considered twice a year, and the next meeting will take place in September 2016.
The aim of the fund is to reduce disadvantage and improve local communities in Staffordshire.
Who can apply?
You can apply for a grant from this fund if you:
- Are a Registered Charity
- Are a voluntary or community organisation
- Operate in Staffordshire
- Have an annual income of £25,000 or less
We will not fund:
- Profit-making organisations
- Statutory organisations
- Organisations not operating in Staffordshire
- Organisations with an annual income over £25,000
What can a grant pay for?
In your application you will need to tell us what the grant would be spent on and how this will benefit your community. You can apply for a grant of up to £500 to fund all/part of your project or on-going running costs.
Here are some examples of what a grant can pay for:
- Equipment hire or purchase
- Information technology equipment
- Materials for use in your project
- Publicity materials for use in your project
- Sessional workers (those who work only as and when required)
- Transport costs
- Updating equipment for health and safety reasons
- Venue hire
- Volunteer expenses
We won’t pay for:
- Activities that happen or start before we confirm our grant
- Any costs you incur when putting together your application
- Any expenditure incurred or committed before we confirm our grant (including deposits)
- Contingency costs
- Loans or interest payments
- Political activities
- Projects that you cannot maintain because of high ongoing costs or the need for specialist skills
- Used vehicles
How To Apply
To apply online please click the red ‘Apply’ button below.
To apply for a grant from this fund please download the application pack, which is available here.