Stafford Borough Council Small Grants Scheme
Stafford Borough Council, in accordance with their Compact Action Plan 2015 – 2019 for the borough, have made available a small grants fund of £10,000 for the 2016/17 financial year. This fund will make awards to community and voluntary groups across the borough who meet the criteria below. Applications should be made through The Community Foundation for Staffordshire.
- Awards will usually be between £200 and £1000 per organisation
- There will be two rounds of funding in 2016/17. The first will open in October and will make awards in December. The second will open in spring 2017.
In order to apply you must
- be a not for profit community or voluntary group
- be based and working within the borough of Stafford, (as defined by Stafford Borough Council boundaries)
- have a governing committee of at least 3 people
- have an annual income of less than £100,000
- have less than 1 year’s running costs in reserves or investments
- have less than 3 FTE staff
- have a constitution, bank account, safeguarding policies and insurance for your work
Projects can be funded that
- benefit local residents
- will bring about a lasting benefit to your members or the wider community
- help to increase your organisation’s sustainability or reach
- use the funding for capital costs or revenue costs
We are sorry, but we are unable to fund
- statutory organisations
- public sector bodies
- organisations that have a statutory responsibility
- projects where funding could be obtained from Stafford Borough Council sports grants
- projects where funding could be obtained from Stafford Borough Council arts grants
- projects involving medical research
- projects focused on animal welfare
- party political activities
- projects promoting religion, (although religious organisations will be considered for non-religious community based projects)
Please use the red ‘Apply’ button below to access the application form.
If you are unable to make the application online please call us on 01785 339540 and we can send you a paper application form.
If you need help and support in completing your application please call us and we can assist you.
If you need help with your policies or procedures, or other governance issues, please contact Support Staffordshire on 01785 413160.