We Love Burntwood
(a part of our portfolio of funds for the Lichfield district)
Small community or voluntary groups, who are based in and working in the area of Burntwood.
Grants from We Love Burntwood are funded by one of The Community Foundation for Staffordshire’s endowment funds, where money is raised and invested, and the return is distributed as grants.
Applications can be made at any time, although there will be two official rounds of funding each year. The first will open in April, with decisions made at a panel meeting in May and a grants presentation held in June. The second will open in October, with decisions made in November and presentations made in December.
Applications are invited from community and voluntary based groups that meet the following criteria;
- Groups based within Burntwood area.
- Groups who are a not-for-profit organisation
- Groups who have a constitution or set of rules
- Groups who have a bank or building society account, in the name of the organisation
What we want to fund
We want to fund projects, activities, training and equipment that will help local not-for-profit groups and organisations make a difference for their communities. Grants awarded will be between £100 and £1000, although the awards panel may not be able to award the full amount applied for.
What we won’t fund
There are some projects which we will not fund:
- We will not fund projects that are of a purely religious nature. This does not mean that churches and religious groups cannot apply, but you must be very clear in your application form of the impact the project will have on the wider community.
- We will not fund school-based projects unless you can show clearly in your application form that the project will have a significant impact on the local community.
- We will not fund projects year on year unless you can show that the project has evolved and that you are seeking support for new developments or activities.
- We are unlikely to fund core costs, and would prefer to fund project costs
- We will not fund projects of a political nature.
- We cannot fund individuals.
How To Apply
You can submit your applications at any time, but decisions will only be made in May and November of each year. Applications are made online, using the application below. The application form will be headed ‘We Love Lichfield’ – this is because our We Love Lichfield fund may award any shortfall from the We Love Burntwood Fund.
To apply online please use the Apply button below
To download an application pack to complete and apply by e-mail or post, please click here