Young people aged between 14 and 25 who are resident within 20 miles of Stoke on Trent
The aim of the Youth Endeavour Fund is to help to break down barriers that may stop young people achieving their full potential. There is no prescriptive list for how this might occur and so the fund advisors are happy to receive applications that detail the barriers you may face and how you can overcome them with their help.
Who Can Apply
- Anyone between the ages of 14 and 25, but any application from someone under 18 will need to be countersigned by a parent or carer. If this will pose a problem please get in touch.
- In order to qualify for an award you would need to be based within 20 miles of Stoke on Trent, (this includes most of Staffordshire, but also parts of Shropshire, Derbyshire and Cheshire).
What we can fund
- Training course
- A small piece of equipment
- A uniform that you might need for work
- Something to improve your confidence, help you with a future work aim, or to help you contribute to your local community.
- It doesn’t have to be focused on work – you might have some personal problems that we can help with.
- Grants are usually made up to the value of £500, although no cash award will be made. Instead, the award will be purchased for you and you will receive that directly.
- Prior to applying for help from the Youth Endeavour Fund, please call one of our grants team on 01785 339540 for a friendly chat to discuss your situation and to see if you will be eligible for a grant. Don’t worry about the cost – we can call you back. If you would prefer to ask for a call by e-mail please send brief details to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Youth Endeavour Fund’.
- Applications are assessed on an ad-hoc basis, and so there is no definitive timetable for applications. However, we hope to assess all applications and reach a decision within 8 weeks of submission. If your case is an emergency please call us as soon as possible so that we may be able to find a solution. It may take up to 2 weeks for us to arrange your award, so please bear this in mind if you are applying for time sensitive help.
- Everybody’s situation is different, and every application will be assessed on it’s own merits. If we are unable to help you from the Youth Endeavour Fund, we may be able to transfer your application to one of our other funds, or point you in the right direction to seek further help.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply please contact The Community Foundation for Staffordshire on 01785 339540.